Monday, January 17, 2011

Calico Beans

* One of my favorite side dishes: Calico Beans. It seems that whenever we make this in our house, it's always for a big crowd or a lot of company. And that means... LEFTOVERS! Although I love this side dish freshly made, (and hot) I like it straight out of the refrigerator the day after the best (ice cold).. I know, weird right? It's slightly sweet and oh so beany. (and I love beans) This is a great recipe *



1 lb. hamburger
1/2 to 1c. chopped onions
1/2 to 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
2- 15oz. cans Pork and Beans Do Not Drain
1- 15oz. can butter beans Do Not Drain
1- 15oz. can kidney beans Drain
1/2c. ketchup
1/2c. granulated sugar
1/2c. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vinegar

Brown hamburger and onions. Add rest of ingredients, put in a 9 x 13 pan and bake 45 min. at 350deg.
After baking, put in a crock put and set to low.
If you want to make an entire roaster full, x8

No comments:

Post a Comment